Wednesday, September 3, 2014

What's next?

  No comments    
categories: 
I'm currently working on my third book, which I'm calling a "semi-sequel" to The One Who Got Away. & nbsp; When I finished writing The One Who Got Away, I intentionally left the ending hanging a little bit, because I wasn't sure what was going to happen to my characters Lucy and Jackson. & nbsp; (Should Lucy stay in a comfortable, routine relationship with her boyfriend, Matt, even though he doesn't make her feel the way Jackson does? Should Jackson keep going with the flow in his marriage to Sloane, his overbearing wife who is pressuring him to start a family?) & nbsp;

Is anybody ever sure what's going to happen at the start of a new relationship, especially a troubled one? & nbsp; What's your next step after a relationship ends badly? & nbsp; And can you give someone a second chance... again?

I didn't want Lucy and Jackson to be pictured as villains, although I know there are people who disagree with their behavior and actions. & nbsp; A couple good friends of mine have even & nbsp;asked me, "Ugh... Why did they do that?!" However, Lucy and Jackson's kind of behavior does happen, whether we like it or not, & nbsp;and people have to deal with the fallout. & nbsp; I wanted & nbsp;Lucy and Jackson's & nbsp;story to be one where two normal people get stuck in a difficult situation and actually try to follow their hearts, even if it means that people get hurt in the process... that's life. & nbsp; It happens!

In my third book, tentatively titled One of the Guys, we have Lucy and Jackson's best friend, Kate. & nbsp; Kate really is, like the title says, just one of the guys. & nbsp; She hangs out and plays poker with the boys, she's dating a few of the guys in their crowd, and, being a wedding planner, she's dreaming about the day when she'll be planning a wedding of her own... but which one of the guys will she end up with? & nbsp; Who knows...? & nbsp; I want Kate to be a & nbsp;realistic character - someone who occasionally does stupid things, makes bad choices every once in awhle, and doesn't know what she wants. & nbsp;

One of the Guys will also carry on the story of Lucy and Jackson. & nbsp; It will tell readers more about what happened with them, as Kate will be there by her friends' sides through the rebuilding of their relationship.

I hope people will enjoy reading it, because I'm really enjoying writing it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment