Friday, August 22, 2014

REVIEW - THE LITTLE GIANT OF ABERDEEN COUNTY

This book is for 4 of my reading challenges.
Read Your Own Books Challenge
100+ Challenge
TwentyTen Challenge[Shiney & amp; New]
Reading From My Shelves Project



"The Little Giant of Aberdeen County" by Tiffany Baker
(from back cover)
Meet Truly Paice--part behemoth, part witch, part Cinderella. Born larger than life into a small-minded town, Truly breaks her family into smithereens. Her mother dies during Truly's birth, and when her father follows shortly afterward, Truly and her dainty sister, Serena Jane, are destined for very different fates. As Truly grows larger and larger on a rundown farm, she watches lovely Serena Jane become the town's adored May Queen and the obsession of a local boy, Bob Bob Morgan--the youngest in a line of Aberdeen's doctor's, who for generations wove their influence among the town's citizens. Yet no matter how far apart life propels them, Truly and her sister are forever linked. And Truly will find her future shaped by Serena Jane's relationships, a centuries-old antique of Dr. Morgan's, and the reality that love cannot be ordered to size.
Amazon.com
# Paperback: 368 pages
# Publisher: Grand Central Publishing; Reprint edition (January 25, 2010)
# Language: English
# ISBN-10: 0446194220
# ISBN-13: 978-0446194228


MY THOUGHTS: I really liked this book!! And I love the book cover! I had heard lots of good things about this book through lots of the book blogs I visit. So it was on my TBR list. This is my February book for my book club. Following Truly through her trials and tribulations was a wonderful read. I laughed and I cried. When Truly lost her love, Marcus, was one event. Then she loses her sister. And when Truly finally figures out the puzzle of the quilt, I was amazed. I never would have figured that one out! My favorite part of the book is the ending. This book actually ended with all the ends tied into a neat little bow. It doesn't leave you hanging and asking questions. You should really read this book!

MY RATING: 5

0 comments:

Post a Comment