Thursday, September 4, 2014

On My Kindle

  No comments    
categories: 
I'm back!  I have a computer again! Sorry that I haven't blogged in awhile.  I've been super busy writing, but I've also made myself stop and take some time to read some great books from my fellow Love a Happy Ending authors recently!
First, I read Sophie's Turn by Nicky Well
Who hasn't fantasized about their favorite rock star? And who wouldn't love the chance to party backstage with your favorite band? I'm a big fan of all kinds of music (AND I love chick lit!) so I was super excited to read Sophie's Turn.

Nicky Wells mixes in just enough rock star fantasy with Sophie's real life, leaving you wavering back and forth between who you think she should end up with - hot, cheeky rock star Dan, or sensible, dependable, boyfriend Tim!

What I like most about this book is that it takes a normal girl and turns her life upside-down. I'm a firm believer that crazy things can happen, so I got a real kick out of Sophie's story and the way she handled things.




Then, I read Strings Attached by Mandy Baggot.


This book was such an easy read that I probably finished it in just a few hours! I was sucked in from the very beginning and I really enjoyed the romance between George and Quinn...

I kept making guesses about how the story would come together at the end, but couldn't quite figure it out! There were a few "WOW!" moments that I wasn't expecting/couldn't predict, & nbsp;and that made the book very enjoyable!

I'm really looking forward to reading some of Mandy's other books!

And finally, I just recently finished Reaching for the Stars by Janice Horton.
At first, all I could picture was an angry, red-faced Gordon Ramsay as main character chef Finn McDuff, but throughout the story, Finn becomes much more likeable! As the story unfolds, you can better sympathize with him. With everything that happens to him both personally and professionally, I can't say I blame him for trying to get out of the spotlight for awhile!

Raine Sanderson and Ross Campbell are two competitive reporters who are both targeting Finn for their very own reasons... and Raine's reasons get kind of personal. Janice Horton keeps you wondering 'til the very end: What lengths will these two journalists go to to locate the whereabouts of Finn McDuff and to land their exclusive stories

0 comments:

Post a Comment