Sunday, August 24, 2014

REVIEW - LIFE OF PI

This book is for 3 of my reading challenges.
Books to Read Before I Die Challenge
100+ Challenge
Monthly Mixer Melee



"Life of Pi" by Yann Martel
(from back cover)
Pi Patel, a God-loving boy and the son of a zookeeper, has a fervent love of stories and practices not only his native Hinduism, but also Christianity and Islam. When Pi is sixteen, his family and their zoo animals emigrate from India to North America aboard a Japanese cargo ship. Alas, the ship sinks--and Pi finds himself in a lifeboat, his only companions a hyena, an orangutan, a wounded zebra, and 450-pound Bengal tiger. Soon the tiger has dispatched all but Pi. Can Pi and the tiger find their way to land? Can Pie's fear, knowledge, and cunning keep him alive until they do?
Amazon.com
# Paperback: 326 pages
# Publisher: Harvest Books (May 1, 2003)
# Language: English
# ISBN-10: 0156027321
# ISBN-13: 978-0156027328


MY THOUGHTS: This book has been on my TBR list for ages. I finally got around to reading it. I am so glad I did. This is great book of survival, determination, and the will to survive. Pi is floating around the ocean with Richard Parker, fishing and collecting water, trying to survive until he finds land or a boat finds him. This is a great story and I could almost believe it was true, actually I wanted it to be a true story. But it isn't. Yann Martel is a great storyteller. I will be reading more of his work. Does Pi and Richard Parker make it to land? Do they get rescued? You will have to read the book to find out. You really should read this book. It's awesome!

MY RATING: 5

0 comments:

Post a Comment